Everything you need to make sure your steps count
Get your fundraising off to the best start
- Tell your story - make sure you update your fundraising page with your personal story and keep the updates coming! Adding a photo or update when you log your steps is a great way to encourage donations to your page.
- Set a target - we'll send a free CAFOD tote bag to everyone who raises £200, and that pays for weekly mobile outreach clinics to visit the most remote communities and provide vital healthcare!
- Go team – create a team and recruit some extra walkers! Whether you're walking in person with your family, or virtually with friends from your parish, you can all walk together and raise as much sponsorship as possible! Aim to get yourselves into the top ten on our leaderboard.
- Strike a pose – we want to see you in action in your green laces! Don’t forget to share your pictures using #walkagainsthunger and tag @CAFOD - and share the images below too!
- Stay motivated - chat to fellow walkers and add to our Spotify playlist by joining our Facebook group
- Share your achievements – you’ll automatically get your badges as you hit your Walk for Water milestones - let your friends and family know how you're doing!
How can your sponsorship help?
- £12 can buy ingredients to make a highly nutritious sesame seed paste so a new mum can help her malnourished child grow big and strong
- £20 can fund expert nutrition and healthcare classes for new mums and dads in rural communities
- £200 can support weekly mobile outreach clinics to visit the most remote communities and provide vital healthcare
- £500 can provide an entire community with pepper seeds for planting season
- £600 can help local experts deliver a highly effective door-to-door campaign in rural communities, training people in proper sanitation, hygiene and nutrition